Albacore Kabobs with Sicilian Salsa
- 1½ lbs. Wild Pacific Albacore, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 18 bay leaves, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 6 skewers (if wooden, soak in water for 30 minutes)
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Salsa: Mix all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. This can be refrigerated but should be brought to room temperature before serving.
Light a charcoal fire. Skewer tuna, lemon, and bay leaves, alternating on skewers. When the coals are white, grill kabobs until albacore is medium, still slightly rare in the center. Place on plates and ladle salsa over top before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Cathy Whims, Nostrana Portland